Welcome To Recipes From the Heart

The old adage 'necessity is the mother of invention' was certainly true as I raised my children. When they were preschool age, my husband's company conducted a reduction of work force resulting in the loss of our only income. Have you ever read a recipe and had all the ingredients except one? Everyone has. So what do you do? Go to the store and buy the ingredient? That wasn't an option during those lean years. I learned to recreate recipes and create my own. I learned to enjoy opening the pantry and putting things together to make a new dish. I have kept the dishes through the years and still use them today. This site will feature my tweaked recipes and some I created on my own. Each of my adult books include recipes. I would love to know how you tweak my recipes for your family's taste or the supplies in your pantry.

Friday, March 8, 2013

Fruity Chicken Breast

I've been asked why I don't give specific measurements in my recipes. The reason is because my recipes are adaptable to your taste.  You can't mess up my recipes.  If you like more of one ingredient, add more.  By not giving exact measurements, you are free to make as much or as little of the recipe as you wish.  Please don't be afraid to try my recipes--and adapt them to your taste.

 This is another recipe from my heart and pantry.  It was a busy day with two scheduled meetings.  Dinner had to be cooked in between and stored for serving later. Looking in the freezer, I found chicken breasts and frozen mixed fruit.  Here is what I did:
  • marinated thawed chicken breasts in raspberry vinaigrette salad dressing for two or three hours.
  • cut one onion into bite size pieces. 
  • saute onion in frying pan.  (remove from pan)
  • pan grill chicken breasts.
  • add onion back into pan with chicken breasts.
  • add frozen broccoli or other desired vegetables.
  • add frozen fruit.
  • cover with lid.
  • cook until chicken breasts are done.
I cooked the dish too long and the vegetables were a little more done than I would have preferred.  (But the dish was still delicious.)  Next time I will allow the chicken and onions to cook for a few minutes before adding the vegetables and fruit.




No comments:

Post a Comment