Welcome To Recipes From the Heart

The old adage 'necessity is the mother of invention' was certainly true as I raised my children. When they were preschool age, my husband's company conducted a reduction of work force resulting in the loss of our only income. Have you ever read a recipe and had all the ingredients except one? Everyone has. So what do you do? Go to the store and buy the ingredient? That wasn't an option during those lean years. I learned to recreate recipes and create my own. I learned to enjoy opening the pantry and putting things together to make a new dish. I have kept the dishes through the years and still use them today. This site will feature my tweaked recipes and some I created on my own. Each of my adult books include recipes. I would love to know how you tweak my recipes for your family's taste or the supplies in your pantry.

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Roasted Potatoes

Recipes From the Heart

Roasted Potatoes    

I made this recipe several years ago at a ladies' retreat.  The following year, the ladies asked for the Roasted Potatoes.  They are delicious enough to be requested one year after introducing them.  They are also easy enough that even a child could make them.  Here is what I do:

  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  • Line pan with enough aluminum foil to completely encase potatoes.  This will keep potatoes moist during cooking and make clean-up easier.
  •  Wash enough potatoes to serve guest.  (approximately 8oz. per person)
  • Cut potatoes into one inch cubes.
  • Place in aluminum foil lined pan.
  • Sprinkle potatoes cubes with olive oil.  Toss potatoes to make sure each cube is coated. (Use enough oil so that each cube is coated, but not standing in oil.)
  • Season with salt and pepper.
  • Sprinkle two packages of Lipton Onion Soup mix over potatoes.
  • Toss potatoes to coat cubes with soup mix.
  • Encase potatoes in aluminum foil.
  • Bake in oven until potatoes are fork tender.
The potatoes should be slightly crispy on the outside and tender in the middle. More roasted potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment