Welcome To Recipes From the Heart

The old adage 'necessity is the mother of invention' was certainly true as I raised my children. When they were preschool age, my husband's company conducted a reduction of work force resulting in the loss of our only income. Have you ever read a recipe and had all the ingredients except one? Everyone has. So what do you do? Go to the store and buy the ingredient? That wasn't an option during those lean years. I learned to recreate recipes and create my own. I learned to enjoy opening the pantry and putting things together to make a new dish. I have kept the dishes through the years and still use them today. This site will feature my tweaked recipes and some I created on my own. Each of my adult books include recipes. I would love to know how you tweak my recipes for your family's taste or the supplies in your pantry.

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Broccoli Cheese Soup

View detailsThis is a very simple, but delicious,  Broccoli Cheese soup.  I cook this in the slow cooker because cheese is so bad about sticking to the bottom of the pan.
 
Saute one chopped onion in 1 Tbs. of butter.  (Add to slow cooker)
Add one small can of Cream of Mushroom soup.
Add one small can of Cream of Chicken soup.
Add one soup can of milk.
Cut 2lbs of Velveeta into 1 inch cubes.  Add to mixture in slow cooker.
Add one can of canned milk.
Add one pkg. of chopped broccoli.  (I use a large pkg. because I like more broccoli than most people.)
Add one can of Rotel Tomatoes (Be careful.  It can get too hot.)
Add enough milk to desired consistency.
Cook on low for about two hours.
Serve with crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment