Welcome To Recipes From the Heart

The old adage 'necessity is the mother of invention' was certainly true as I raised my children. When they were preschool age, my husband's company conducted a reduction of work force resulting in the loss of our only income. Have you ever read a recipe and had all the ingredients except one? Everyone has. So what do you do? Go to the store and buy the ingredient? That wasn't an option during those lean years. I learned to recreate recipes and create my own. I learned to enjoy opening the pantry and putting things together to make a new dish. I have kept the dishes through the years and still use them today. This site will feature my tweaked recipes and some I created on my own. Each of my adult books include recipes. I would love to know how you tweak my recipes for your family's taste or the supplies in your pantry.

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Sugar Free Frozen Bananas

The Matsiko World Orphan Choir visited our church recently.  To protect their vocal chords, they are not allowed to have milk products or sugar.  We had to develop desserts that were milk free and sugar free.  Here is one of the recipes I created.




View details

 Peel bananas.
Cut bananas in half.
Insert Popsicle sticks in the cut end.
Place in freezer until frozen.
Heat about 1/4 cup of peanut butter for 15-20 seconds in microwave.
Dip frozen bananas in peanut butter.
Immediately roll in finely chopped peanuts.
Serve immediately or place back in freezer for another day.


No comments:

Post a Comment